Frequently Asked Questions
Can I sign my daughter up?
Despite our name, our events are geared for women 18+, and for legal reasons, we cannot accept younger women into our event.
Fortunately, however, there are other opportunities for young girls to learn programming and technology:
- Code Collective is a community for developers and non-developers. Their mission is to expose the world to code.
- Texas Girls Collaborative: This project connects non-profits, K-12 schools, higher education institutions, companies, organizations and individuals across the state of Texas committed to informing and motivating girls to pursue careers in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM).
- STEM Summer Camps: The directory lists camps that have been hosted by Universities and research centers in the past.
- BlackGirlsCode: Specifically aimed at teaching young women in color how to code, they put on weekend workshops on programming and web development.
- CodeEd: Specifically targeting girls from underserved communities, it teaches web development skills.